Where community and environmental literacy come together:
Relax. Sit down. Enjoy. Connect.

June 26, 2009

Please Welcome USEE's New Interns!

USEE hired 4 new interns about a month ago to help out with some of the many things we do here at USEE. Two are from the Environmental Studies program at the University of Utah and two are Graphic Design students from Westminster College. Instead of listening to me go on about them, let's have them introduce themselves:

Alaina Caudillo:

My name is Alaina Caudillo, I am originally from California, though I now consider myself a local, having lived here in Salt Lake City for over six years. I enjoy spending time in the Wasatch range, hiking and snowboarding in the winter. I teach a few yoga classes each week around the valley, and am excited to have the opportunity to work with the nice people here at USEE as an intern this summer. I am currently attending the University of Utah working toward my Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Studies. Over the course of this internship with USEE, I hope to learn more about Environmental Education and how it can assist educators and ordinary citizens to be informed in their decisions concerning our environment. Healthy Children, Healthy Planet is a community discussion group over the course of seven weeks, that I will be facilitating addressing concerns parents face while raising children in our consumer driven culture. If you would like to join this discussion, please contact me at alaina@usee.org.


Brittany Marsden:

My name is Brittany Marsden. I'm a new graphic design/marketing intern for the Utah Society for Environmental Education. I am a senior at Westminster College and I'm majoring in communication with an emphasis in graphic and web design. I am excited for the opportunity I have to be an intern here at USEE. While at USEE I hope to be able to enhance my design skills, as well as be able to provide my best service to USEE. This will be a great change to learn how to explain the design process and to justify design decisions. The team here at USEE is great and I'm looking forward to working with them this summer!



Mat Wennergren:

Mat Wennergren is a graphic design intern at USEE. He is a senior at Westminster College and will be graduating this December with a degree in communications. Mat also owns and operates "The Studio" a guitar teaching studio in sugarhouse.


T.J. Adamson:

My name is T.J. Adamson, a new environmental education intern here at the Utah Society of Environmental Education! I am a senior at the University of Utah majoring in environmental studies and communications. Working with USEE I hope to gain experience in the field and learn more about environmental education in the state of Utah. Hopefully during my time here I will be able to make a positive impact and improve environmental education. The past couple weeks working with USEE has been a great networking opportunity and I am looking forward to meeting more contacts over the summer. At the end of June I will be leading a discussion group on Voluntary Simplicity. If you are interested in joining or have any questions for me please feel free to contact me anytime at tj@usee.org.

No comments: