Where community and environmental literacy come together:
Relax. Sit down. Enjoy. Connect.

October 5, 2009

Welcome New USEE Interns!

We have hired 3 new interns for the Fall semester to help out with some of the many things we do here at USEE. One is from the Environmental Studies program at the University of Utah, one is from the Communications department at Westminster College, and one is from the Communications department at the University of Utah. Two of the interns have been here for a couple of weeks, and one started just this past week. It's been great having them so far and we looking forward to working more with them over the next several weeks. Instead of me going on about them, let's have them introduce themselves:

Danny Trujillo:

My name is Danny and I am the new environmental education intern here at the Utah Society for Environmental Education! I am a senior at the University of Utah and am majoring in Environmental Studies. I am very excited to be working here at USEE and to have the opportunity to learn as much as I can while I am here. The staff here are awesome and I am excited to be working with them.

Ernesto Negrete:

Hi! My name is Ernesto Negrete. I was born in Utah, but I grew up in the hot sun of Phoenixm Arizone during my early years and have been in the cold winters of Salt Lake City for the present. I am a senior at Westminster College majoring in Communications. I enjoy wriging, so while at USEE I am looking foward to learning to write newsletters and other documents to help USEE reach and teach other educators and the general public about the environment. I feel USEE is a good opportunity for me to learn about the environment and how a non-profit organization functions. With the guidance of the great staff here I am sure I will learn a lot!

Katie Maguire:

Hi everyone! My name's Katie Maguire and I am the new conference intern here at USEE. I am a 22-year-old student at the University of Utah and I will finishe my double major in Journalism and Anthropology in December. I am planning on attending law school with an emphasis in environmental law. I am also interested in the world of non-profit organizations, so interning at USEE will be a good fit for me! I recently got back from spending four months in Spain improving my Spanish, and I was able to see Rome and Portugal as well! I have far too many interests and hobbies for one person, but you can usually find me doing homework, arts & crafts, playing with my dog, Sombra, or waiting for the waiting for the Where the Wild Things Are movie to come out.

No comments: