Here are some interesting thoughts and ideas that came from the meeting:
- Get everyone on-board. If you are working toward sustainability in your workplace, it is important that everyone be on the same page. Purchasers, accountants, CEOs, facility managers, and sustainability coordinators alike.
- Use the magic words. Know your audience, and know how to gear your message to them. Maybe they won't respond to end-of-the-world rhetoric, but will respond to energy savings=money savings.
- Write it down. If you don't have hard plans for change, change probably won't happen.
- If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
- If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
- If we demand change, change will happen.