Where community and environmental literacy come together:
Relax. Sit down. Enjoy. Connect.

February 9, 2011

Welcome Crystal! USEE's Newest Intern

Crystal and her cute family!

My name is Crystal Fletcher. I am a native of Tucson, Arizona but got married and moved to Utah 8 years ago. I am currently finishing my Bachelor's in Environmental Studies with an emphasis in Sustainability after a small 6 year break to have kids. I will finish my Bachelor's in December 2011 and will hopefully continue on to Graduate School at Utah State, to attend the College of Natural Resources in 2012. I wear many hats; I am a wife, a mother, a stay-at-home mom, a college student and now an intern at USEE. I have a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl and 2 wild dogs. I enjoy reading, gardening, camping and playing with my kiddos. I would love to start hiking more, now that my kids are old enough to go and hike on their own feet. I love the heat (it’s the Arizona in me!) and in the summer you will find us out and about, camping, hiking, rafting, biking and taking in the sun! I have had a blast finding my favorite places in Utah and the surrounding areas, my top three would have to be Bear Lake, Lava Hot Springs and the Fiery Furnace in Moab. A family that plays together stays together!

I am very excited for the opportunity to intern at USEE and I am looking forward to all the opportunities that interning has to offer. It was my 6 year old that inspired me to shift my educational goals from Civil Engineering to Environmental Studies after he came home from preschool more than 2 years ago with the intent to recycle everything. I really think that our youth can change, implement and encourage a greener way of life, I know my little boy did it in our house!

No comments: