Where community and environmental literacy come together:
Relax. Sit down. Enjoy. Connect.

August 18, 2008

About Andree'

My name is Andree’ Walker Bravo and I am the Associate Director here at USEE. I’ve been here just about a year now, and love it. Previously, I worked at Utah State University Water Quality Extension as the Watershed Education Program Coordinator. I am a California girl at heart, but have been in Utah for 11 years, completing an undergrad and master’s degree at Utah State University, and various other things during that time. I’ve tried to leave Utah a couple of times, but have found that the amazing landscape and abundant outdoor opportunities here suck you back like a vortex. I’ve been in Salt Lake for a couple of years and have really enjoyed the “city life.” It is quite different than Logan, which I still miss as well.

I am recently married, bringing my new household to my husband (Joe) and I, my stepkids (Gracie and Johnny), my Black Lab (Bronco), and my 3 young chickens (Honey Glazed, Teriyaki, and BBQ). We are also new homeowners. So, you could probably guess that my hobbies are learning to be a mom, trying hard to grow a good garden (the first time in my life I’ve been able to have a garden for more than one year in a row), landscaping (read: pulling weeds), and trying to keep my chickens from eating the tomatoes. I love learning and trying new things. I’m the youngest of four in my family, and the only girl, so I’ve always been a bit stubborn, and not afraid to get dirty.







My goal with the Green Fork posts is to bring new information to you, whether you are a teacher, a parent, an interested citizen, whatever. I’d like to be able to share the new things I learn and make them easy to apply to our own lives if we wish. Happy Reading!

No comments: